YES on 1 is a community-based outreach to raise awareness of the proposed constitutional amendment slated for public vote on November 4, 2104.
Because of a radical 4-1 ruling by the Tennessee Supreme Court in 2000, Tennessee now boasts a broader right to abortion than that recognized by Roe v. Wade or the United States Constitution.
Basic commonsense protections passed by the Tennessee General Assembly to protect the health and safety of women and girls considering abortion were struck down as violating this newly discovered “right to abortion” within the Tennessee Constitution.
As a result of the ruling in Planned Parenthood v. Sundquist, Tennesseans can no longer enforce common sense protections for abortion-vulnerable women or unborn children.
Because each of Tennessee’s 8 border states have active policies requiring informed consent, waiting periods and regulation of abortion facilities by state Departments of Health, Tennessee has quickly become a destination for women, girls, spouses, partners and parents seeking unregulated abortions.
By joining with other concerned Tennesseans in support of Amendment 1 you can help:
· STOP Tennessee from being a destination for out-of-state abortions.
· PROVIDE adequate information and safeguards for women and girls seeking abortion.
· REQUIRE the inspection, licensure and regulation of abortion facilities in our state.
· PREVENT taxpayer funding of abortions in Tennessee.
· PROMOTE the protection of innocent human life.
Your help is vital to our success in informing friends and neighbors regarding this effort!
Add your Church, Business or Organization to Show Your Support for Amendment 1 on November 4, 2014.